17 June 2013

My Cornish Pasties...

I'm being very organized, I have cooked in advanced and thought I would share my skills with you guys!

I know what you're thinking Mum, 
'What! Shes Organizing herself!'

Yes, because tomorrow I will be working all day
and picking Taylor up and getting home around 6pm 
I need something to just bung in the oven and cook quickly for
The Troublesome One

Good Ol' Fashioned Veggie Pasties.

To make, Two Adult or Two Kiddie and One Adult - sized pasties

You will need ...


Four smallish White Potatos


Two and a Half Carrots


A handful of Green Beans


Puff Pastry


Seasoning and a rolling pin


Strong cheese, it makes it taste much more cheesey



Once you've cut all the veg into small chunks,

grated a ton! Of cheese 

and sorted out what you need 

you cut the pasty into sections


Roll out your piece into a squarish shape.
Mines not square at all!


Place all contents into the center/slightly to one of the corners.


With the kids Pasty, don't add any extra Salt or Pepper.
Salt is not needed in their diet/there is enough in the cheese
and They may not like the spicyness of Pepper


I made Two Kiddies and One Adult.

With cooking the pasty

you have to set the Oven to Gas Mark 7 // 220°C
for 20 minutes

Then turn it down to Gas Mark 3 // 140°C
 for 20  minutes

And then turn the oven off for 20 minutes

because the veg is raw you have a make the edging tight so the steam cooks it perfectly!

and the finished result is this!


Serve with Baked Beans and your good to go!

Come along and follow me on (twitter) 

Heather  

No comments:

Post a Comment