27 August 2013

Raspberry Picking...


Petersfield


Something I used to enjoy doing with my parents as a teenager was strawberry picking, the joy of choosing your own fruit and taking them home as goodies at the end of it.
Me and Dan have never taken Taylor before and I have been desperate to take him all summer holidays.
Now it's almost over, (one more week) with my little man we are going to make it last.

I also think it is very important for children in general to learn where fruit comes from and how you get it. 
We also learnt today that Raspberry bushes attract lots of Wasps and Queen Bees, and are prickley!

But so long as they are having lots of fun, it doesn't matter. 
It makes fruit fun! :)


 After searching Google this morning (very last minute as usual) for a local Strawberry picking area we found our farm!

It's been such a beautiful day for this so the shorts were out and the cardigans were left at home!


Unfortunatly when we arrived there were no Strawberries ready to be picked.  
Raspberries, Blackberries & Blueberries 
were to be picked for the EYLES/MASTERMAN crew today!



Making our way to the bushes to start harvesting.

They have 3 sizes of punnets 
  1/2kg
1kg
&
2kg

we went for the 1/2 and would go back for more if we fancied it!

 
























T Mans top from Primark says 
'Mum thinks she's in charge - (back) but really it's me'

This is not a fact!

Seeing as this is his first fruit picking session, he did really well,
we had a little bit of complaining from the prickly parts of the branch but thoroughly enjoyed it! 

I really recommend it!


I even tried this picking fruit malarkey!



This farm also grew vegetables, from spinach to carrots
which daniel and taylor are trying to pull out themselves.

There were quite a few rude ones lying around! Hehe.


Lots and lots of berries!

We headed to the farm shop and looked at all the exotic condiments they had to offer!

Olives, marmalades and sauces!

We took away two corn on the cobs, which taste far better than Tesco's!

Now I think £3.70 for a huge punnet of berries and two corn on the cobs is a bargain!

I recommend this place for anyone it was a lovely afternoon out!

 

4 comments:

  1. Ooh I've always fancied having a go at that! Great piccies and love the lil guy's t-shirt :) Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should do it, it's weirdly so much fun!

      :) x

      Delete
  2. I used to love strawberry picking! I think its so important to do these sorts of activites with children, plus it gets them interested in fruit, eating healthy etc! Lovely pictures, I'm gutted I don't live nearer or I would be off there tomorrow!

    Belle x
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been meaning to do it for so long. You should find one close to you, its so much fun :) x

      Delete